Up to £49827.00 per annum
Assistant Category Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Category Manager to join this fantastic public sector organisation based near Wembley. You will be responsible for helping the organisation to achieve its desired outcomes for residents, businesses, and communities through the provision of excellent advice. You will work in partnership with many departments by acting as a key strategic adviser on complex procurement matters. You will manage procurement projects ranging from low to high value and different levels of complexity.
Main responsibilities of the Assistant Category Manager
- To provide excellent strategic procurement advice with oversight and direction from the category manager to the relevant departments
- To work closely with stakeholders to make sure that procurement activity meets the business needs
- To manage the end-to-end procurement process for low, medium, and high value with a range of complexity.
- To lead with guidance from the Category Manager on complex projects
Skills & Experience required of the Assistant Category Manager
- Degree or equivalent CIPS qualification
- Experience of working in a large, complex organisation
- Experience of managing end to end procurement processes ideally in a public sector setting
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Ability to analyse contracts and manage contracts at all levels
Salary up to £50,000
This role would be perfect for a category manager or senior category officer or procurement manager or sourcing manager or purchasing manager or senior buyer
If you do not receive a response to your application within 2 weeks, please note that your application has been unsuccessful.