£37000 - £42000.00 per annum
Assistant Commercial Manager
A fantastic opportunity for an assistant commercial manager to join a FTSE 250 engineering services firm based in Bristol with a salary up to £42,000. This commercial manager position has been created due to multiple high value contract award for the firm. The assistant commercial manager will sit in the commercial management team, with excellent progression opportunities into a commercial manager position over the next few years.
Candidates will have previous experience as an assistant commercial manager or assistant contracts manager within an engineering, defense, aerospace, or related industry environment, at an assistant commercial manager or assistant contract manager level and be keen to progress in their career.
Role responsibilities of the Assistant Commercial Manager include:
* Providing contract management and governance support to project teams
- Undertaking negotiations and pricing activities in support of organic or new growth opportunities
- Supporting our growth aspirations by working as part of opportunity teams
- Working collaboratively with our customers and projects teams to support the development of innovative and pragmatic commercial solutions in a dynamic environment
- Act as the commercial point of contact for any and all queries from the project team
Person Specification of the Assistant Commercial Manager:
* Ideally be degree qualified (or equivalent) in Engineering, Business, Law, Accountancy but not essential.
- Functional qualifications achieved, or would be willing to work towards, may include Membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS), International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or Post Graduate Certificate in Commercial Management (PGCCM)
- We need someone who'll bring big ideas and solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions.
- Someone who is courageous - who will continuously champion high performance, challenge the status quo, and speak up when we need to do better.
- With an aptitude to navigate change easily, who is curious about what the future holds and always seek to learn new skills will thrive in this role.
- Someone with experience of managing and understanding contracts in matrix organisations from across industry however defence experience would be desirable but not essential
- Some who is commercially driven and can support commercial innovation with a good business awareness of customers and competitors;
- Someone who understands and has experience in the creation of proposals whether as organic growth or for new opportunities;
- Someone who is able to thrive under pressure and meet deadlines critical to our customer's mission
- Experience of project management and prioritising deliverables to independently manage concurrent and multiple business change projects and day to day operations simultaneously.
Up to £42,000
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within a commercial function as an assistant commercial manager, commercial manager, commercial officer, assistant contract manager, contract manager, contract officer.