£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
A long-established specialist manufacturing organisation are looking for permanent Buyer to join the team in Croydon offering a salary of up to £45,000. This Procurement position has been created due to business growth & recent acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Buyer to purchase goods, materials, components, and services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing or procurement specifically within a manufacturing/engineering environment, at buyer level and be keen to progress in their career.
Role responsibilities of the Buyer include:
- Prepare and raise purchase orders
- Manage suppliers via regular surveillance visits and review meetings
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes
- Identify and communicate risk and resolve supplier issues
- Contact suppliers and negotiate price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues
- Conduct research for suppliers for new projects/components/sources/methods
Person Specification of the Buyer:
- Experience working in procurement/purchasing within a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Experience using MRP/ERP software and confident using Excel
- Be highly organised and self-driven for success
- Have a valid passport, driving license and own car - mandatory
Up to £45k
Role is fully based on site without hybrid working
Required: 25% travel across the UK and internationally
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a buyer, sourcing specialist, commodity manager, category manager, senior buyer, supplier manager, or supplier relationship manager