£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
A well-established electronics manufacturing organisation are looking for a permanent Buyer to join their team in Lymington offering up to £40,000.
This role will provide support to production and new product enquires. It will undertake purchasing activities and dealing with suppliers and be responsible for maintaining timely flow of materials to meet requirements of the production schedules.
The buyer will sit in the purchasing department, with excellent progression opportunities into a Senior Buyer position over the next few years.
Role responsibilities of the Buyer include:
- Procuring best value materials at a cost consistent with the quality and service required
- Develop and maintain good buyer-seller relationships
- Raising of stock purchase orders against MRP
- Issuing enquiries and obtaining quotations, development of reliable and alternative sources of supply
- Progress chasing and order changing based on requirement changes
Person Specification of the Buyer:
- Proven purchasing/procurement experience in a manufacturing electronics environment essential
- Capable of reading and understanding 2D technical drawings
- Experience using ERP/MRP
- Highly organised and looking to progress career
Up to £40k
This role is fully on site and offers no hybrid working
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a buyer, sourcing specialist, commodity manager, category manager, senior buyer, materials planner, materials controller, or junior buyer.