£25000 - £35000 per annum
about 2 years ago
An excellent opportunity for a Buyer to join a growing business, who specialise in manufacturing within the defence industry. Based in a rural village with beautiful surroundings near Basingstoke, also with excellent working hours offered.
Responsibilities for Buyer:
- Raising purchase orders to procure materials and services
- Building and maintaining supplier relationships
- Working closely with freight forwarders to ensure logistics are met
- Maintaining overall stock level
- Ensuring the business purchased and holds the right level of components
- Ensuring production demands are met, OTIF
Key Requirements for the Buyer:
- Previous experience working within a manufacturing environment, ideally within Electronics
- Excellent sourcing skills, across new suppliers, products and sites.
- Ability to negotiate and develop working relationships with suppliers
- Understanding of electronics production and component parts
This role is a standalone role, so covering all areas of procurement, including supply chain, production, stock control, purchasing, logistics and inventory.
This role would suit someone with experience as; Buyer, Procurement Assistant, Supply Chain Assistant, Purchasing Assistant.