Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Up to £30000.00 per annum + Pension, Enrollment to CIPS
A fantastic Buyer opportunity for an experienced purchasing professional to join a world-wide reputable company in the Aerospace industry. Located in Milton Keynes in a fast-paced purchasing environment with a salary up to £30,000. This position will be at the heart of the purchasing department and offers excellent progression opportunities to the right candidate.
This role also offers enrolment onto your CIPS qualification.
The buyer should be confident in their role with previous buying experience within a busy procurement department. The successful candidate will desirably have experience within a Manufacturing/Engineering environment but not this is not essential.
Main responsibilities of the Buyer include:
- Developing relationships with suppliers
- Negotiating the most advantageous commercial terms with both new and existing suppliers
- Placement of purchase orders with approved suppliers
- Reviewing supplier order acknowledgments against purchase orders
- Managing supplier open order books
- Resolving problems and queries with suppliers
- Managing the improvement of supplier performance
- Expediting late orders and finding solutions to material shortages
- Managing subcontractors
- Building cost models in support of customer enquiries
- Liaising with freight forwarders to coordinate inbound freight by road, air and sea freight
- Managing inventory levels to optimise stock availability within financial budgets
- Material planning using inventory and forecasting software
Essential Skills of the Buyer include:
- Self-motivated, decisive, commercially aware. Good communication skills.
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Ability to interact and develop relationships within TKA and across the supply chain.
- Negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated analytical and practical problem-solving skills.
- Understanding manufacturing processes and specifications.
- Knowledge of aerospace metal markets
- Experience of using SAP or other ERP systems
- Appropriate recognised qualifications i.e. CIPS or business degree
- European or Oriental languages
- Knowledge of import / export procedures
- Knowledge of Continuous Improvement techniques and processes (6-sigma, 6 x S, Kaizen)
Responsible to the Purchasing Manager & Supply Chain Lead
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a junior buyer, expeditor, buyer, sourcing specialist, commodity manager, category manager or senior buyer.