Up to £30000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has opened up for a Buyer to join a leading facilities management company working on a hybrid basis with a competitive salary. This Buyer position has been created due to a recent expansion in this department. The Buyer will sit in the Purchasing team, with great progression opportunity to a senior buyer over the next few years.
The ideal candidate will ideally have previous experience in a Facilities Management or Construction environment, with exposure to operational procurement activities.
Role responsibilities of the Buyer
- Responsible for the execution of Procurement activities to deliver the goods and services required by the facilities team in accordance with company procedures
- Providing an effective procurement service covering tendering, supplier selection, contract award and order placements to support the teams managing supplier performance.
- Acting as a focal point of contact to the appropriate teams for transactional procurement
- Operate the supplier performance review process within the purchasing team, acting on the feedback obtained
Person Specification of the Buyer
- Experience in a purchasing role at a buyer level, preferably in an FM or Construction environment
- Experience of managing Procurement activity working alongside operational teams
- Well versed in transactional purchasing processes
- Organisational skills - good time management, reviews their progress, plans in advance
- Team player, enthusiastic, positive and supportive
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within operational Procurement or purchasing, as a buyer, senior buyer, purchasing specialist, Procurement officer or commodity manager.