Up to £32000 per annum
A brilliant opportunity for a dynamic and adaptable Buyer to join the purchasing and operations team in a global cutting-edge manufacturing company with a focus on utilising science in practical applications to develop new products. This role is offered at a salary of up to £32,000, based in Royston on a hybrid working basis and is available as a result of business growth.
The successful candidate will have experience within purchasing or procurement as a Buyer in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
Role responsibilities of the Buyer:
- Sourcing new suppliers and developing on relationships with existing suppliers
- Sending invitations to tender and dealing with negotiations
- Placing and expediting orders
- Managing supplier performance and costs to ensure optimal margins
- Controlling stock levels and maximising business efficiency
Personal specification of the Buyer:
- Has purchasing experience, preferably in a manufacturing or engineering environment
- Is able to work independently and enjoys making a project their own
- Is dynamic and adaptable to manage in an ever changing and growing business
- Is a self-starter who wants to progress personally and develop the business
This position will be suited to you if you have held a role within a purchasing or procurement team as a: Purchasing Administrator, Procurement Administrator, Purchasing Assistant, Procurement Assistant, Junior Buyer or Buyer.