Up to £24324.00 per annum
12 Month FTC
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Buyer to join this award-winning organisation based in Basingstoke across 30 hours per week with a contract until December 2021. The focus of this role will be to act as a Buyer to support the Procurement department with various projects aligned to multiple areas across the business. You will be required to engage with key stakeholders and assist with identifying and clarifying requirements and to lead on several sourcing projects where you can add measurable value.
Main responsibilities of the Buyer
- Working collaboratively with the business to fully understand their objectives, performance issues, challenges and opportunities for multiple procurement categories and sourcing activities progressing to an agreed timeframe.
- Supporting key internal stakeholders to ensure the collaborative delivery of business benefits from progressive procurement to supplier performance management activities.
- Supporting a 'category management' approach and managing ongoing category expenditure for key categories.
- Leading small supplier engagement and sourcing activities end to end from definition of business requirements, sourcing, tender analysis and negotiation and ongoing supplier performance and life cycle management.
- Ensuring that all policies are followed throughout the procurement process and that all procurement is carried out in an ethical and EU compliant manner, ensuring probity always.
- Working closely with Category Managers and Senior Category Managers and business areas to shape Procurement Plans to deliver value for money to the business.
Skills & Experience required of the Buyer
- CIPS Qualification or actively working towards
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrate experience within a purchasing role
- Understanding OJEU would be advantageous
- Experience leading the full cradle to grave procurement process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Experience across multiple categories
Salary up to £24,324 - Part time salary equivalent.
This role would be perfect for a buyer or senior buyer or procurement specialist or procurement officer.