A fantastic opportunity for a procurement professional to join a busy organisation as a Buyer
Key Responsibilities of the Buyer:
- Source and obtain materials, equipment and services, achieving competitive pricing without compromising quality.
- Provide clients with an offer that meets their exact technical and commercial requirements and is compliant, competitive, clear and comprehensive.
- Ensure full understanding of the customer needs and exact requirements before proceeding with orders or enquiries.
- Execute and manage supplier contracts in accordance with guidelines to optimise cost, service, quality and capital.
- Evaluate and select suppliers on the basis of capability, commercial, technical and delivery criteria against the client requirement.
- Negotiate key advantages with suppliers and obtain any resourceful information.
- Consult line managers with quotations and other key information to determine bid finalisation.
- Maintain excellent communication and rapport with all customers.
- Effectively check all sales orders against our quotation and suppliers' quotations to ensure the order is profitable and compliant.
- Effectively time manage to meet all deadlines, due dates and delivery schedules.
- Source suppliers using supplier database, file history and other in-house resources and make prompt contact.
Personal Specification of the Buyer;
- Proven Procurement experience.
- Engineering or Manufacturing industry experience would be preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Intermediate Excel skills.
- Good working knowledge of MRP / ERP systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
This role would also suit you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a Junior Buyer, Purchasing Controller, Supplier Manager or Commodity Manager.