Up to £32000.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join a Leading Manufacturing company based in Fareham with a salary up to £32k. This role will report into the Senior Buyer.
Candidates must have experience of working within a Manufacturing environment in a purchasing role.
Role responsibilities of the Buyer Include:
- Procurement ‑ Purchase goods, at agreed costs, from approved suppliers, in a competent and professional manner.
- Knowledge - Use one's knowledge of the industry and contacts to obtain immediate Phoenix requirements of stock ensuring customer deadlines are always met.
- Progress ‑ Expedite parts when necessary to meet the delivery requirements of the Manufacturing Plan.
- Manufacturing system - Maintain fields within the system for components used on designated customer's products.
- Communications ‑ Provide a professional approach to suppliers at all stages of contract/order negotiation.
- Stockholding ‑ Ensure component stock is maintained between business to business agreed limits.
- Purchase Order Management - Raise Purchase Orders as requested from MRP generated demands. The monitoring of authorisation levels to be reviewed from time to time dependent upon the Customer and commodity profiles.
- Component returns - Manage the non-conforming materials and their replacements once identified and returned to the vendor. Working with the Quality Department to obtain the root cause of the problem and agree the corrective / preventive action to stop it happening again.
- Vendor rating - Follow up with vendors once a month their delivery and returns performance. To plan, co-ordinate and receive remedial action plans from them where required.
- Quotations and tenders - to work on project teams to establish competitive tenders for prospective or existing customers.
- Initiatives - Work within a team environment on specific projects or initiatives.
- Approach - must have a flexible approach to the working week and be able to travel if necessary.
Person Specification of the Buyer Include:
- Previous experience working in a Manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years in a buying role
- Supplier Management skills
- Supply Chain Management
- Good all-round communication and IT skills, including knowledge of MRP systems, Excel, Word and Power Point
Up to £32k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a buying role, with a minimum of two years' experience.