Royal Leamington Spa
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Butler Ross have a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer to join a busy and successful manufacturing company in Leamington Spa, the company are a British brand who are a household name and the industry leaders in what they do. They have a brand new role for a Buyer to join their Procurement and Supply Chain team who will be specialising in NPI and other set commodities.
This role offers one day a week from home and a noon finish on a Friday.
Duties of the Buyer
- Managing relations with suppliers, reporting their KPIs and manage and expediting orders.
- Supporting the overall NPIs projects including supplier on boarding, sourcing and logistics agreements.
- Identifying cost reductions and ensuring these reductions are made and well implanted.
- Full responsibility of third party branded products NPIs.
- Mitigating cost increases and material shortages.
- General support to overall procurement function to deliver the most effective procurement strategy.
Experience of the Buyer
- Familiar with the NPI process within the manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Used ERP/MRP systems previously and strongly IT literate including Excel.
- Self motivated, driven and able to work to deadlines.
- Ideally knowledgeable of Vendor Managed Inventory.
- Familiarity with a range of commodities which ideally include some of/one of the following, metal, castings, packaging or wiring.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000.