£28000 - £35000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity for a Strategic Buyer has arisen, to join a manufacturer based in Telford. With a salary range of up to £35,000 plus company benefits this role would be perfect for a buyer who has strong experience with Purchasing technical commodities in a manufacturing and Automotive environment.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing or procurement specifically within a technical manufacturing environment and Ideally with Automotive Industry experience.
Role responsibilities of the Senior Buyer:
- To be responsible for negotiating the lowest total acquisition costs for components and materials required, whilst maintaining agreed levels of product quality, delivery performance and customer satisfaction.
- To identify and recommend suppliers for existing and new components in order to meet cost reductions targets and remove consistently poor performing suppliers.
- To co-ordinate the release, progressing and replies to quotation with recommendations and proposals.
- To act as the first point of contact between the department and supplier base.
- Make decisions and recommendations, by using professional judgement and consideration to the level of risk, within the parameters defined by the department manager and company policies.
- To hold regular review meetings with key suppliers to discuss delivery and quality performance, ensuring that improvement plans and non-conformances are closed in the required time frame.
- To monitor critical commodity markets trends in order to provide the base information required to conduct effective strategic supplier negotiations.
- To assist in the drafting of purchasing contracts for new and existing suppliers.
Person Specification of the Senior Buyer:
- Purchasing experience is essential
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Strong system/MRP Skills
Up to £35k + Company benefits
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a senior buyer, sourcing specialist, vendor manager, commodity manager, commodity buyer, category manager, senior buyer or purchasing team leader.