Coventry, West Midlands
£23000 - £25000 per annum
over 2 years ago
A fantastic opportunity for a Buyer or Procurement Analyst has arisen to join a landscaping company in the Midlands. With a salary of circa £25,000, they are looking for a someone who will be strong with supplier management, compliance and negotiation to refine and build a PSL.
Candidates will have previous experience within Purchasing or Procurement as a Buyer, Junior Buyer or Procurement Analyst
Role responsibilities of the Analyst include:
- Ensure 100% compliance outlined in the Company Health, Safety and Environment Policy
- Ensure that products comply with all UK legislation approve for purchase
- Ensure that suppliers comply with data provision requirements
- Provide analysis for UK supplier and category spend data to inform purchasing decisions and tenders for supply
- Implement and maintain a UK purchasing process, together with procedures and directory.
- Act as the point of contact for vehicles and equipment purchases in preparing lease documentation and purchase agreements on equipment
- Implement a system for capturing and categorising UK purchasing spend by category, business and supplier.
- Manage and report on rebate schemes implemented as part of the purchasing policy, including reporting and monitoring of actual vs target UK purchasing savings.
- Undertake UK procurement projects and tender exercises and support group initiatives as required.
- Ensure local purchasing activities within the business comply with policy, maintain a directory of approved suppliers
Person Specification of the Buyer include:
- Sound analytical and IT skills - Excel.
- Numerate with an ability to grasp Commercial concepts.
- Confident presenting data and information to management for use in negotiating purchasing deals.
- Ability to design written processes and procedures for use in the business and continual monitoring
- Attention to detail, analytical mind-set.
- Focusing on delivering objectives and deadline driven.
- Aptitude to develop the role and progress within the organisation.
- Full driving licence preferred.
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a Buyer, Sourcing Specialist, Junior Buyer, Assistant Buyer.