£45000 - £50000 per annum
Butler Ross are looking for a hands-on Category Buyer for a manufacturing company based outside of Stafford. The role is responsible for sourcing parts and managing the suppliers for various technical components within a defined category and will be involved in both strategic and operational activities.
This role would be best suited for someone who is a Category manager, Commodity Manager, Commodity Buyer, Category Buyer, Technical Buyer, Engineering Buyer, Senior Buyer or a Purchasing Manager.
Role responsibilities of the Category Buyer:
- Ensuring appropriate suppliers are engaged early, and ensure parts are designed to cost and designed for manufacture.
- To support Supplier Nomination for components and systems.
- To work in conjunction with Engineering to deliver the cost targets and delivery of NPI processes.
- Responsible for negotiating Development Agreements and setting up reviews that deliver in line with Category Strategy.
- Support Quality teams to ensure supplier meet Group and Category targets.
- Responsible for compiling and delivering annual budgets for their category and supporting the execution of the global elements of the budget.
- To negotiate Long Term Agreements and preferred payment terms
- Conduct continuous risk assessment process and to ensure Business Continuity plans are in place.
- Negotiate Warranty Agreements with nominated suppliers for NPI programmes.
- Negotiate Suppliers agreements.
- Conduct supplier evaluation reviews and drive key improvement actions.
Person Specification of the Senior Category Buyer:
- Proven procurement experience at a strategic level
- Experience in an Engineering/Manufacturing environment
£45,000 - £50,000
This role would be best suited for someone who is a Category manager, Commodity Manager, Commodity Buyer, Technical Buyer, Engineering Buyer, Senior Buyer or a Purchasing Manager
Should you not hear anything from us regarding your application within 14 days, this will mean your application was unsuccessful! Please don't get disheartened and please keep checking the Butler Ross website for any other opportunities. All our live jobs are listed on our website.