Crawley, West Sussex
Up to £45000.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity for a Category Manager / Senior Buyer to join a Leading Manufacturing company based in Crawley with a salary up to £45k. This role will report into the Purchasing Manager.
Successful Candidates will have previous purchasing experience as a Senior Buyer, Category Manager or Commodity Manager within a Regulated Manufacturing industry. You must also be studying CIPS to level 5 or above.
Role responsibilities of the Category Manager / Senior Buyer Include:
- To coordinate and manage all activities associated with the Supply Chain category to support the Business needs.
- Measure and help develop supply chain metrics.
- To set Key Performance Indicators (KPI) which can then be monitored to evaluate category objectives.
- To manage category projects such as the introduction of new purchase items and obsolescence of products no longer required.
- Conduct strategic sourcing initiatives, supplier and industry analysis, benchmarking and cost structure analysis
- Identifying supplier risk areas, quantifying risk exposure.
- Help develop improvement processes within the supply chain.
- Evaluate and appraise suppliers and improve performance.
- Effectively Communicate with Suppliers and Stakeholders.
- Analyse Market and competitive and external factors effecting the category.
- Maintain ethical and sustainable procurement activities.
Person Specification of the Category Manager / Senior Buyer Include:
- Previous experience in a regulated Manufacturing sector
- Studying or qualified to Level 5 CIPS or above
- Good interpersonal skills, should be a flexible team player, proactive and have the ability to succeed in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Driven and motivated whilst able to work under pressure
Up to £45k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within Purchasing or Procurement as a Buyer, Senior Buyer, Category Manager, commodity manager, Purchasing a manager, Procurement Manager or Procurement Specialist.