Up to £51687.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Category Manager to deliver a first class procurement service for a public sector organisation based close to Surrey. You will be responsible for leading the development of the procurement plans and strategies for key areas maximising the value for money. As well as being an excellent relationship manager, you will be providing professional and specialist procurement advice and solution on all aspects of public regulations and internal policies when managing procurement projects.
Main responsibilities of the Category Manager
- To manage and develop the procurement strategies for a number of procurement categories
- To lead a full range of procurement support for all non-pay expenditure including contract specification
- Create and prepare all contractual documentations for signature, with effective implementation of new agreements across the organisation.
- Work closely with other departments such as schools and professional services to promote good purchasing practice
- Managing supplier negotiations and ensuring value for money deals are obtained
- Ensuring that all policies are strictly followed throughout the procurement process and that all procurement is carried out in an ethical and EU compliant manner
Skills & Experience required of the Category Manager
- Degree or equivalent CIPS qualification
- Detailed knowledge of PCR 2015 together with other statutory requirements placed on public sector bodies environment
- Have a thorough understanding of the operational procurement processes and their operation throughout the procurement cycle
- Understanding of Government legislation including IR35 and GDPR
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Extensive experience in a similar or related role working in a public sector role with buying capacity at a senior procurement specialist level
Salary up to £50,000
This role would be perfect for a category manager or senior category officer or procurement manager or sourcing manager or purchasing manager or senior buyer all with experience within a public sector organisation.
If you do not receive a response to your application within 2 weeks, please note that your application has been unsuccessful.