Up to £43000.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Category Manager to join this public sector organisation based in London who has knowledge of Orthopaedic, Trauma or Spinal products. The Category Manager is responsible for the delivery of strategic procurement initiatives on a portfolio of categories which are compliant with EU legislations. The successful candidate will be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of procurement services whilst maximising value for money through process improvement.
Main responsibilities of the Category Manager
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate and disseminate procurement policies to colleagues involved in selecting suppliers and service providers and in committing expenditure.
- To ensure all procurement activities operate in full accordance with legal (EU legislation), environment and sustainability requirements.
- To support the Head of Procurement in the delivery of cost and efficiency savings across the Trust.
Skills & Experience required of the Category Manager
- Degree or equivalent CIPS qualification
- Experience within clinical procurement - Orthopaedic, Trauma or Spinal products
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Experience leading the full cradle to grave procurement process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously;
- Ability to analyse contracts and manage contracts at all levels
Salary up to £43,000
This role would be perfect for a category manager or senior category manager or procurement manager with clinical category experience.