Up to £45000 per annum
12 Month FTC
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Category Manager to join this public sector organisation based in Newbury who are looking for a Category Manager who has experience in Fit outs, refurbs and office moves. The ideal candidate will have strong commercial awareness and experience in procuring and managing goods. They will also have a proven track record of indirect category management, tendering and souring. You will manage supplier relationships to ensure value for money is achieved and lead on both EU and non EU tenders.
Main responsibilities of the Category Manager
- Leading supplier engagement and sourcing activities end to end.
- Managing supplier negotiations and ensuring value for money deals are obtained.
- Ensuring that all policies are strictly followed throughout the procurement process.
- Working closely with the Head of Procurement and the Senior Procurement Manager, wider procurement team and business to deliver value for money to the business.
- Actively supporting the supplier relationship management framework and ensuring that its principles are adhered to the supplier lifecycle.
Skills & Experience required of the Senior Estates Category Manager
- Good level of education, MCIPS or equivalent experience
- Experience of working within or alongside the following categories: IT, Fit outs, Refurbs, Office moves
- Understanding and use of OJEU and Public Contract Regulations
- Proven track record of savings
- Experience of category management
- Experience of negotiating purchasing contracts
- Excellent people engagement and stakeholder management skills
Salary up to £45,000
This role would be perfect for a category manager or procurement manager or senior buyer all with experience in the above categories.