Up to £50000 per annum + Additional Benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Category Manager to join this public sector organisation based in London who will take responsibility for a delegate category and high value of annual expenditure. The successful candidate will implement strategic sourcing and strong stakeholder management to deliver fantastic savings and strengthen existing relationships with key suppliers. Within this position you will be responsible for the full end to end procurement cycle including negotiating, draft contracts, savings, improvement, sourcing and support.
Main responsibilities of the Senior Procurement Category Manager
- Line Manage a buyer and undertake shared management responsibility for the buying team
- Undertake procurement activities in accordance with EU legislation/commercial/contract law/SFIs.
- Take the lead for the procurement process by delivering a portfolio of complex and/or high value contracts.
- Deliver operational sourcing programmes for defined categories.
- Implement and monitor contract initiatives and conduct market research to support arguments for change.
Skills & Experience required of the Senior Procurement Category Manager
- Degree or equivalent CIPS qualification
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Experience leading the full cradle to grave procurement process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously;
- Ability to analyse contracts and manage contracts at all levels
Salary up to £50,000
This role would be perfect for a category manager or senior category manager or procurement manager.