£45000 - £50000.00 per annum
Sourcing and Contract Category Manager Health & Social Care
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Category Manager to join this public sector organisation based in Southampton who are looking for someone with category experience in Health & Social Care. The ideal candidate will provide leadership in the delivery of strategic sourcing and programme development across the health and social care landscape. The Category Manager needs to manage supplier relationships to ensure value for money is achieved and provide technical expertise in advising, guiding and executing procurement processes, including EU tenders.
Main responsibilities of the Health & Social Care Category Manager
- Provide leadership in the delivery of strategic sourcing and programme development across the H&SC landscape;
- Provide robust challenge, identify and deliver smart sourcing solutions that as a minimum, meet H&SC client expectations, savings target objectives and contractual service commitments;
- Lead and deliver robust spend analysis, sourcing project prioritisation, strategic sourcing solutions and the development of service delivery plans;
- Take sole ownership of the full procurement lifecycle by leading on the development of sourcing plans, compliant tender documentation and overseeing tender evaluation through to contract award, in as efficient a timescale as possible;
- Deliver evidence-based savings of at least 10% on all sole ownership projects from sourcing activities and/or contract management reviews/re-negotiations;
- Develop in depth market knowledge through internal / external research and analysis apply this to smart sourcing/savings opportunities;
Skills & Experience required of the Health & Social Care Category Manager
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Experience leading the full cradle to grave procurement process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously;
- Category Management experience in Health & Social Care, Adults, People, Children, Social Services etc.
- Ability to analyse contracts and manage contracts at all levels
Salary up to £50,000
This role would be perfect for a category manager or senior category manager or procurement manager all with experience in Health & Social Care Category Management.