£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
3 months ago
A fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join a global FTSE 250 engineering services firm based in Bristol with a salary up to £60,000. This contract management position has been created due to business growth & a recent influx of successful projects won for the firm. The commercial manager will sit in the programmes business team with a large amount of scope and ability to progress further in this large, matrixed organisation.
Candidates will have previous experience leading in commercial within an engineering environment at senior commercial manager, senior contract manager, commercial manager, contract manager, assistant commercial manager, or assistant contract manager level.
Role responsibilities of the Commercial Manager include:
- Protecting Intellectual Property is key. Being able to broker the deal that protects or generates IP is central to our client's growth plans.
- To lead the winning of new work.
- To continually evolve and adapt our strategy with that of the business.
- To drive innovative approaches to our commercial positions, pricing, terms and conditions, and risk.
- To empower a team of commercial professionals embedded throughout the delivery streams in the business.
- To identify and implement excellence in the commercial discipline.
Person Specification of the Commercial Manager:
- Leading and inspiring people at all levels.
- Working in a complex commercial environment, with experience of working within large, complex projects / programmes.
- Planned and handled the negotiation of significant high value contracts with a variety of major customers.
- A balance of public and commercial sector experience in a customer-facing role.
- Full project / programme life cycle, with a particular emphasis on winning business.
- Knowledge of ITAR and export regulations.
Skills and attributes
- Self-driven, well-organised and able to test, learn, adapt and transform.
- A strong negotiator who is culturally sympathetic. A great communicator.
- Understands risk and actively employs a risk-based pragmatic approach.
- A great people manager who understands what it takes to lead, empower, manage and coach, who is able to have the difficult conversation.
Up to £60k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within commercial as a senior commercial manager, senior contract manager, commercial manager, contracts manager, assistant commercial manager, assistant contracts manager.