£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Until Feb 2023
Commercial Manager (Fixed Term Contract - 12 months)
A fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join a leading engineering services firm based in Bristol with a salary up to £55,000. This commercial position has been created due to increasing project demand and business growth. The commercial manager will be integrated into a major project, with excellent progression opportunities in the business and across projects available.
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK's defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together our client is helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
What You'll Be Doing:
- To ensure that all commercial activity within your area of responsibility is performed to the highest standards, conforms to EU Procurement Regulations and Policies and Procedures, and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining best value for money
- To proactively participate in development and implementation of Category Strategies to ensure these fully satisfy LSL requirements
- To contribute to development of coherent LSL/CSS business strategies and ensure effective implementation to meet business objectives while taking account of implications across the business
- To draft and issue ITTs/ITNs, contracts etc. and manage the associated procurement process up to and beyond contract award
- To negotiate contract terms, conditions, and prices within delegated/licensed powers for Procurement activity with a view to delivering against the Benefits Realisation Plan
- Maintain professional standards and provide commercial support and advice to staff, stakeholders, and customers
- To effectively manage the contracts within your responsibility by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer, and colleagues where necessary
- To assist in setting targets and objectives for LSL and to support and monitor achievement against these
- Ensure Commercial MI is accurate and up to date and submitted on time.
- To actively contribute to the development of LSL tools, processes, and procedures, thereby supporting Team Transformation
- Continuing Professional and Personal Development to ensure currency with EU and Commercial Procurement practices and Regulations and maximise contribution to the business
- Manage self (and staff if appropriate) iaw HR policies
- Mentor junior staff within LSL to facilitate their personal and professional development
What Do They Need From Me?:
- Contribute to a positive and highly effective work environment for the commercial team and the wider project team
- Contracts let in accordance with EU and UK procurement regulations - no incidences of legal claims or disputes
- Effective contract management - obligations met on time and within budget.
- Contract letting plan targets met
- Agreed savings delivered or exceeded against contracts
- Personal development and continuous improvement to meet personal and corporate training and development targets
- Legacy contracts managed iaw Managing Agent Terms
- 100% compliance with policies and procedures
Up to £55k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within commercial as a commercial specialist, commercial manager, contract specialist, contract manager, procurement specialist, or procurement manager.