City of London
£50000.00 - £57000.00 per annum
Commercial Procurement Manager
An industry leading opportunity for a Commercial Procurement to join a UK wide rail services firm based in London with a salary up to £57,000 on a 12 month initial fixed term contract. This procurement management position has been created due to business growth & project requirements. The Commercial Procurement Manager will sit in the procurement, with excellent opportunities to move into a permanent position.
Candidates will have previous experience within procurement and commercial management ideally within regulated environments, at procurement manager or commercial manager level, and be keen to progress in their career.
Role responsibilities of the Commercial Procurement Manager include:
- The Commercial Procurement Manager will provide professional, qualified procurement expertise, advice and services ensuring that our client's business and procurement needs are met through the procurement of goods, services and works whilst ensuring efficiencies and value for money and contributing to our client's aims and objectives. The role will also promote and engage in collaboration and information sharing with all relevant parties.
- Commercial- Managing the provision of a professional best practise commercial contracts service for our client to support the management of contractual risk and ensure high stakeholder satisfaction whilst supporting internal stakeholders with the delivery of strategic commercial projects from concept through specification, proposal, contract and delivery.
- Commissioning of Research & Development- Manage the grant process to ensure timely delivery and performance; Manage the governance process for each grant opportunity; and complete the financial due diligence for each grant and competition received.
- Business Process- Resolve contractual and commercial problems, escalating them to the Head of Procurement and Commercial or Head of Business Development as appropriate. Ensure the continuous review and improvement of procurement and commercial activity to ensure it is fit for purpose and aligned to business requirements.
Person Specification of the Commercial Procurement Manager:
- Qualified or working towards MCIPS professional qualification or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of UK Procurement Regulations and EU procurement directives and proven experience in applying these to day-to-day procurement activities and documentation.
- Computer literate with the ability to assimilate new business systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to influence others both internally and externally up to senior level including through presentations, negotiation and written reports.
- Strong time and resource management with the ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities.
- Solution orientated with a strong customer focus and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of effectively managing end to end procurements and commercial agreements.
- Experience in preparing, reviewing and agreeing contract terms and commercial schedules.
- Substantial proven experience in a procurement function involved in high risk, high value, complex works, services and supplies covering a range of commodities and stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills including experience of commercial negotiations
- Strong contractual knowledge and experience including a wide range of contract conditions; strong analytical and numerical skills.
- Experience of developing and implementing policy and procedures as well as new ways of thinking and working.
Up to £57k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within procurement or commercial, as a procurement manager or commercial manager.