£30000 - £33000 per annum
Commodity Buyer - Brecon (Or )Oxford
Butler Ross are recruiting on behalf of an Automotive Manufacturing company who are looking for a Senior Buyer, to work in part of their advanced Purchasing team as a Commodity Buyer. This roloe will be based in Brecon, or it could be based in the Oxford site, with one day a week in Brecon.
The Commodity Buyer will be conducting supplier selection, supplier management, cost comparisons and quality control whilst respecting delivery deadlines and in particular ensuring that project phases are supported. This role will also be overseeing all areas of purchasing on a day to day basis, delegating tasks to the relevant people, planning, and implementing tasks to make sure objectives are hit.
This role would be best suited if work in Purchasing and Procurement as a Senior Buyer, Commodity Buyer or Buyer
Job Responsibilities of the Commodity Buyer:
- Negotiate commodity contracts.
- Manage Bill of Material costs for projects, develop cost-saving methods and opportunities.
- Sourcing negotiations and decisions.
- Analyse the supply base to prepare and recommend suppliers to be added and removed from. the approved supplier list as well as nominate suppliers for the Approved Suppliers List.
- Perform market research and monitor trends.
- Investigate optimal suppliers for materials and parts.
- Conduct supplier visits to assess supplier's eligibility.
- Create part numbers and place purchase orders for the development of the project until the parts are PPAP approved.
- Track costs and statuses of negotiations, while and maintaining agreements with suppliers.
- Work closely with the Quality and Finance teams to mitigate invoicing issues.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs to promote team efforts.
Person Specification of the Commodity Buyer:
- Experience in Purchasing and Procurement in a manufacturing environment is essential
- Automotive Industry experience (Tier 1 or Tier 2)
- Fast paced Manufacturing ibdustry background
Up to £33,000
This role would be best suited if you have been working on Purchasing and Procurement as a Senior Buyer, Commodity Buyer or Buyer
Should you not hear anything from your application within 14 days, this will mean your application was unsuccessful, and unfortunately It will be impossible to update everyone at application stage due to the high volumes of applicants we get! Please don't get disheartened and please do keep checking our website for any other opportunities!