An excellent opportunity for a Buyer to join a market leading electronics manufacturer to a number of industries based near Bournemouth with a competitive salary. This Buyer position is looking for someone keen to progress in their purchasing career, with the role offering brilliant progression opportunities.
The ideal applicant will have previous experience in a purchasing or supply chain role, with strong experience in negotiating, supplier relationship management and great administration skills. Previous experience of liaising with customers, drawing up quotes for goods to send to customers and an ability to read and understand technical drawings would also be an advantage.
A typical day in this Buyer role
- Sourcing and negotiating with suppliers, while managing relationships and time scales with existing suppliers
- Place purchase orders on a wide range of products and materials
- Being a first point of contact for suppliers and internal stake holders
- Ensure order process is as efficient as possible
- Engaging with customers, estimating costs and drawing up quotes
- Comparing and investigating products and advising options
Is this you?
- Great communicator, friendly and approachable
- Previously experienced in a purchasing role
- Excellent administrative and time management skills
- Driven and motivated with a desire to progress
This role would be suitable for someone who has held a position as a Junior Buyer, Buyer, Senior Buyer, Purchasing Controller, Commodity Manager, Category Manager or other roles within a supply chain function.