£45000 - £60000 per annum
Head of Operations & Logistics
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a rapidly expanding Retail business who are looking to appoint a Head of Operations and Logistics to their busy Logistics and Distribution team. This role will be managing all strategies across two sites, implementing LEAN principals and a continuous improvement approach. This role will be looking after senior management and all operational activities, so the right person will have experience in Operational Management, Distribution, and Logistics at a very senior level.
This role would suit a Logistics Director, Head of Logistics, Operations Director, Head of Operations, Head of Distribution and other senior role titles in these areas
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Operations & Logistics
- Overall control of Site Operations, Managing Returns and Stock Control Management Teams
- Provide motivation, training, coaching and support to fully develop your team
- Strong performance in onboarding, performance management and absence management
- Decision making in all areas
- Responsible for a budget covering 2 main distribution centres of circa £8 million per annum
- Overall responsibility for distribution of £60 million of sales and an average stock holding of £8 million
- Deploy solutions to increase profitability by reviewing all existing budget spend (equipment, headcount, storage, distribution partners, packaging and automation)
- Striving for a lean distribution model
- Report operational performance to the Board of Directors
Personal Specification of the Head of Operations & Logistics
- Previous experience in a Senior operational role managing large budgets
- Strong Systems experience
- Retail/Distribution Industry experience in a medium-large company.
Up to £60,000 + Bonus and attractive benefits package
This role would suit a Logistics Director, Head of Logistics, Operations Director, Head of Operations, Head of Distribution and other senior role titles in these areas.