£60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum
A new Head of Procurement role has become available in a Life Science and Healthcare company based in Cambridge, this is a brand new role and they are looking for a highly experienced, strategic and driven induvial to come and head up the team and make way for growth and development in their entrepreneurial company.
Responsibilities of the Head of Procurement
- Create, implement and successfully manage strategic sourcing strategies.
- Build excellent relations with all suppliers to be able to negotiate successfully and ensure all procurement requirements are met in a timely manner.
- Monitor the performance and costs of all existing contracts, and either negotiate or find other suppliers/contracts if required.
- Forecast events through analysis, preparing control strategies when you see necessary.
- Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure clear communication and coordination of procurement across all departments.
Previous Experience of the Head of Procurement
- Previously worked in a similar senior management role within procurement and/or supply chain.
- Ideally familiarity with up-scaling, business development and business growth.
- From a Life Science and Healthcare or Pharmaceutical background and has a good grasp of these industries.
- Excellent supplier management, networking and rapport building skills.
- Proactive, tenacious and able to work from own initiative.
- Ideally educated to degree level or CIPS qualified.
This role does offer hybrid/flexible working, they would want you in the office roughly 3 days a week, although you may need to be in more during the start of the role.
Salary: £80,000 + Package (Flexible based on experience)
This role will be well suited to a Procurement Director, Procurement Lead, Head of Procurement, Purchasing Director, Purchasing Lead, Head of Purchasing, Supply Chain Lead, Supply Chain Director, Head of Supply Chain, Senior Procurement Manager or Senior Purchasing Manager.