£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
12 Month FTC
National ICT Category Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced IT Category Manager to join this fantastic organisation based in Kent on a 1-year fixed term contract who are responsible for leading a national programme. You will be required to travel to different site across the UK however home working is permitted. The successful candidate with utilise category management practices to profile, benchmark, research and assess the market for risks and competitions also identifying new opportunities to make sure the best value is achieved. You will be responsible on a national level for ICT Categories which includes Hardware, Software, Communications and Services. You will be expected to communicate and provide high complex information to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a very exciting programme.
Main responsibilities of the National ICT Category Manager
- Lead and manage the ICT Category nationally
- Collaboratively managed contracts and suppliers, joined up strategic engagement, supplier performance and contract management
- Manage and develop supplier relationships and on-going negotiations for the assigned product or service category using procurement tools
- Establishing virtual teams and working with partners to deliver commercial activity.
- Produce procurement strategies collaboratively with stakeholders and customers
- Deliver cashable savings and other financial/non-financial benefits against target.
Skills & Experience required of the National ICT Category Manager
- Degree or equivalent CIPS qualification
- Experience of procurement and/or contract management is essential, as demonstrated over a period of 4 years in either the public and/or private sector.
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Experience leading the full cradle to grave procurement process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Ability to analyse contracts and manage contracts at all levels
- Driving licence will be needed due to occasional travel
Salary between £55,000-£65,000 dependant on experience
This role would be perfect for a category manager or senior category manager or procurement manager or sourcing manager or purchasing manager