Up to £35000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity for an Operational Buyer to join a Leading FMCG company near Shaftesbury with a salary up to £35k. This role will report into the Procurement Manager.
Candidates must have 3+ years' experience in a purchasing role working within FMCG.
Role responsibilities of the Operational Buyer Include:
- A hands-on approach requiring the buyer to work collaboratively with NPD, Packaging Technologies, and Project Management teams to deliver the sourcing solution in line with the business requirements, always being aware of time, cost, quality, service, and stock holding.
- To manage negotiations and the contract process with all packaging suppliers.
- To minimise the risk to the Company's brand, reputation, and performance by ensuring full supplier compliance in line with contractual obligations, policies, and legislative requirements.
- To develop and build supplier relationships across the supply chain and with internal stakeholders.
- To understand the category mechanisms that drive the packaging material's pricing mechanisms and share that knowledge through the business - be the category expert.
- To deliver the procurement budget, leveraging commercial opportunities across the business in line with the sustainability and packaging objectives, driving change and best in class procurement
- To interpret and analyse the data from MRP/ERP platforms to leverage commercial and efficiency savings for in-year and annulised savings targets.
- To develop and manage the packaging category plan including managing benchmarking exercises (inc. RFQ/RFI) to ensure the maintenance of value for money, in line with the procurement department objectives.
- Build robust relationships with suppliers through regular performance reviews, set targets and develop measures to continually drive improvements in the supply chain. These will include face to face meeting and supplier visits.
- Review PPV (Purchase Price Variance) with a view to balance price increases with reductions in other areas. On an annual basis review standard costs against actual and prepare new costs for standards setting at beginning of financial year. Interrogation and negotiation of every cost presented to the buyer.
- Support with Master Data PIM creation and maintenance.
- To comply with the requirements of the company Quality Management System and Good Manufacturing Practice as relevant to role/work area
Person Specification of the Operational Buyer Include:
- Relevant packaging category experience within a purchasing function in an FMCG industry.
- Previous Supplier Relationship Management experience.
- Previous experience working with NPD teams desirable but not essential.
- Good negotiation skills, a confidence and a clear communicator are key to this role.
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a cross functional team to deliver a desired outcome is essential.
- Proactiveness and a willingness to understanding the business and gain a deeper understanding to become the category expert in your field.
- Able to demonstrate excellent organisational skills, and to manage multiple projects and activities at once, therefore the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment is crucial.
- Intermediate Excel skills essential and experience using ERP/MRP system.
- Level 4 CIPS qualification is desirable but not essential.
- Able to plan and manage own time effectively without continually need for direction.
Up to £35k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a Buying role within FMCG or Retail and have experience packaging buying.