£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
Operational Quality Manager
An excellent new role for an Operational Quality Manager has arisen in one of our global manufacturing firms, based in Cwmbran, with a salary up to £55,000. The Operational Quality Manager will report into VP level and manage both quality and on-floor teams.
Candidates will have previous experience within quality management, quality assurance, or operations management specifically within an automotive or aviation/aerospace environment, at quality manager, quality assurance manager, or operations manager level.
Role responsibilities of the Operational Quality Manager include:
- Be the primary contact for Operations and Program management for in-production quality
- Lead and manage the Operations Quality Team and foster an environment of continuous
- Manage and monitor in-production quality KPIs (DPU's, SNCRs, etc.) and support/manage
corrective actions as appropriate through the use of Root Cause and Corrective Action
- Ensure that all customer specifications and requirements are taken into account (customer
- Monitor in line process capability, review and action accordingly to ensure compliance to
- Monitor non-conformities analysis and relevant action plans, communicating to Operations
and Program management on quality events of programs (quality escape, concessions etc.)
and reduce them;
Monitor in-process non conformities (DPU, CONQ), initiate and prioritise continuous
- Champion QRQC (8D) practice and application within the Operations Quality Team
- Liaison with the Supplier Quality Team to ensure all supply issues affecting the FAL are dealt
with in a timely manner and with the absolute minimum of disruption to production throughput
Person Specification of the Operational Quality Manager:
- Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering / Manufacturing related discipline.
- Lean / 6 Sigma knowledge and general improvement tools
- Mechanical / Electrical Engineering knowledge
- 8D analysis and report writing
- Risk Analysis
- Understanding of technical drawings/data and improvements between design and supplier
- Proven experience within a similar role / environment at a management level
- Quality and production experience
- Competent in MS packages
- Problem solving skills (including 8D, 5 whys)
- Effective communicator with an ability to establish good working relationships across all
departments and with Customers at all levels.
Up to £55k
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within quality, quality assurance, or operational as a quality manager, quality assurance manager, or an operations manager.