A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Buyer / Planner to plan and purchase a specified range of packaging components as required in the manufacturing functions of this FMCG companies supply chain. The role is based in Bedford.
Key responsibilities of the Buyer/Planner include:
- Plan and purchase packaging items to maintain optimum stock levels to meet finished goods production planning.
- Negotiate and track prices.
- Maintain and promote good relationships with all stakeholders both externally and internally.
- Maintain accurate systems data to include the creation and maintenance of additional product structure within ERP.
- Create and maintain packaging specifications within the company document management systems.
- Plan the implementation of new components.
Person Specification of the Buyer/Planer:
- Previous experience in a purchasing or procurement or buyer role within an FMCG manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Confident in dealing with all levels of people in a professional manner.
- Driven and motivated individual with a desire to progress.
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a buyer, sourcing specialist, commodity manager, category manager, senior buyer, materials planner, materials controller or junior buyer.