Coventry, West Midlands
Up to £35000 per annum
about 2 years ago
Procurement Analyst - Coventry - 35,000
A fantastic opportunity for a Purchasing Analyst to join a market leading manufacturer based in Coventry, offering a salary of up to £35,000. This role would be perfect for a someone who has worked in a purchasing environment and wants to grow within a procurement environment and work for a company that has many opportunities ahead! The Procurement Analyst would be supporting the Indirect purchasing team to analyse spend data and support the preparation of Tenders.
Candidates will have previous experience within purchasing or procurement and ideally would have been a Procurement Analyst, Purchasing Analyst, Junior Buyer or Buyer.
Role responsibilities of the Purchasing Analyst include:
- Supporting the global Indirect Procurement team, ensuring consistency in reporting and use of key templates.
- Low level contract negotiation to ensure efficient outcome
- Supplier identification; creating RFI's, RFP's, planning vendor interviews, identifying and analysing efficient strategy with strong emphasis on financial analysis in excel
- Limited contract analysis and, liaising with suppliers, coordinating contracts through the legal and purchasing process
- Support the delivery of cost down targets
- Lead low level procurement exercises, mainly at a tactical level
- Contract capture and Contracts database update
- Supplier Relationship monitoring, QBR, performance measurement and reporting
- Spend data modelling
- Category KPI Score Cards
- Take raw data and make it talk
- Design and build analytical modelling
- Use multiple sources of data to support recommendations
- Build data frameworks/taxonomies
- Design and produce standard reports and graphical representations
Person Specification of the Procurement Analyst:
- Experience in Procurement as an Analyst or Buyer
- Bachelor's Degree Required. Finance or Business discipline preferred
- CIPS part qualified or willing to pursue
- Previously held analytics role in other organisations preferably within a Procurement environment
- Exposure to a variety of sectors/industries/environments.
- Strong data interrogation and analytical skills supported by advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to read and understand contract and pricing proposals to ensure clients make educated business decisions that implement efficiency gains
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets
This role will be well suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a Buyer, Junior Buyer, Procurement Analyst or Purchasing Analyst