£35000 - £38000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity for a driven Supply Chain professional to join a busy organisation as a Procurement & Supply Chain Team Leader.
Key Responsibilities of the Procurement & Supply Chain Team Leader;
- Management of demand planning and procurement operations.
- Ensure customer mid- term and long-term requirements and needs are met and through efficient PSI analysis and operational management.
- Customer order, forecast and delivery management integration in purchasing orders process.
- Efficient management of inventory and purchase levels in order to achieve company Execution plan.
- Support plants activities in order to strongly reduce parts inventory.
- Ensure the continuous improvement of the procurement and demand planning operation.
- Supporting deployment of management objectives in the execution and implementation of the SCM strategy.
- Analysis of Customer Forecast change and variance.
- Ensure effective safety stock management that minimises freight exceptions but achieves delivery.
- Ensure effective control of phase in - phase out parts in order to minimise obsolescence.
- Control and minimisation of slow-moving stock taking both preventative and corrective actions.
- Ensure the goods are cleared following regulation, the right Custom Tariff Code is applied, and ensure Goods in transit are transferred to warehouse following Import process.
- Development of the process to improve its effectiveness and efficiency with a focus on reduction of manual or non-added value work.
- Ensure correct analysis of customer requirements to identify demand variances to clarify responsibilities and measures, which need to be taken.
- Management of supply risks, defining and implementing necessary short- and long-term corrective management of exceptions and shortages from a customer facing standpoint.
- Communicate & report effectively to managers, colleagues & vendors with quantified numbers and considering time management.
- Allocation of resources to achieve a smooth daily operation.
- Continuous development of staff.
- Supporting development of EDI with Vendors and creating conditions of ERP system improvement
- Management of the team ensures exceptions are prioritised and managed.
- Maintain relationships and procedures required for import compliance with external organisations.
Personal Specification of the Procurement & Supply Chain Team Leader;
- Proven Procurement & Supply Chain experience.
- Leadership / supervisory experience.
- Experience within a Manufacturing / Engineering environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Excel.
- Good working knowledge of ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Driven and flexible attitude.
This role would also suit you if you have held a role within Procurement, Demand Planning, Supply Chain, Logistics, Shipping, Import or Export.