£50000 - £60000 per annum
A great opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to join a fantastic organisation as a Procurement Category Manager, to be responsible for managing the Technical Categories within the business.
Key Responsibilities of the Procurement Category Manager;
- Lead and manage key aspects of procurement activities.
- Drive the implementation of the Procurement E-Platform for bidding activity.
- Drive Continuous improvement of supply chains.
- Manage and report procurement project activity, ensuring clear visibility of status and milestones.
- Analyse spend data through dashboard reporting.
- Work with suppliers to ensure best practice solutions on an ongoing basis.
- Liaise with the International procurement teams to ensure alignment in procurement strategy and delivery.
- Negotiate with external providers in order to obtain the most cost-effective agreements for products and services on time and to the agreed specification.
- Manage the order approval process.
Personal Specification of the Procurement Category Manager;
- Degree and CIPS qualification would be an advantage.
- Proven Procurement & Category Management experience.
- Experience within a Manufacturing / Engineering environment.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office.
- Driven and flexible attitude.
- Ability to mentor and develop junior members of the team.
This role would also suit you if you have held a role as a Senior Buyer, Category Manager, Procurement Manager, Purchasing Team Leader, Commodity Manager, Commodity Buyer, Category Buyer.