Up to £60000.00 per annum
Procurement Development Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Procurement Development Manager to join this public sector organisation who have recently merged two companies based in London. This person will support the procurement director to create organisational excellence in procurement. They will lead the procurement function in the implementation of procurement initiatives, new contractual agreements and develop and agree standard policies and procedures.
Main responsibilities of the Procurement Development Manager
- To lead the procurement in the assessment, promotion and implementation of new opportunities for improved procurement practices e.g. the Procurement roadmap.
- To design, develop and implement improvements to the eProcurement system including e catalogues.
- To design, develop and implement improvements to the Purchase to Pay process including SID.
- To design, develop and implement a Supplier Relationship Management approach for the whole organisation.
- To meet customer requirements by demonstrating best value for money and excellent customer service, through compliance with category priorities and contracts, and by actively managing the market place through development of key strategies for supplier and contract management.
Skills & Experience required of the Procurement Development Manager
- Proficiency in the use of e-commerce tools, E-tendering, E-auctions.
- Significant experience & understanding and application of Strategic sourcing methodologies.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or appropriate professional institute or relevant experience.
- Ability to develop and implement procurement market strategies
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate team
Salary up to £60,000
This role would be perfect for a procurement manager or senior procurement manager or category manager or strategic procurement manager