Bognor Regis, West Sussex
I am currently recruiting for a Procurement Manager on behalf of a growing manufacturing company based in West Sussex, offering a competitive salary and career progression. This role is overseeing a small purchasing team, will is set to expand of the coming years.
Key Responsibilities of a Procurement Manager:
- Analysing of buying systems, creating best day-to-day methods on purchasing operations.
- Establishing Buyer goals, working on inventory needs and projections in the coming year.
- Setting both KPI's and career objects for the Purchasing Team
- Improvements on current purchasing systems, working closely with management to improve relationships and costings
- Run all companies MRP Reports, ensuring all deliveries are OTIF
- Interpreting engineering drawings and BoMs
- Supplier relationship management, monitoring performance to ensure targets are met.
Person specification for the Procurement Manager:
- Team Leader/Management experience of a small team
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Previous experience working within a Manufacturing environment
- History of effective inventory management policies
- MCIPS preferred however not essential
- Excellent MRP system knowledge
This role would suit a Senior Buyer looking to step up into a full time management position, or someone with similar experience like; Purchasing Manager, Senior Buyer, Buyer, Procurement Manager, Commodity Buyer, Technical Buyer.