Up to £43772.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a procurement manager or category manager to join this public sector organisation based in the heart of Southampton. The successful candidate with lead the procurement strategy programme for lots of different clinical categories. You will work closely with the deputy head of procurement and other departments to deliver savings against a cost improvement. You must have a full understanding of the cradle to grave procurement process as you will also be responsible for leading large and complex projects.
Main responsibilities of the Procurement Manager
- Engage with stakeholders to assess requirements and manage existing relationships
- Manage the day to day aspect of different clinical categories
- Work as part of the procurement function to ensure goods and services are delivering value for money across the cost improvement plan.
- Manage the supplier selection process
- Manage a small team with direct line responsibility
- To support the deputy head of procurement in delivering cost and efficiency savings
- Lead on procurement sourcing programme for a range of clinical categories.
Skills & Experience required of the Procurement Manager
- CIPS Qualification or actively working towards
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Experience leading the full cradle to grave procurement process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Experience in clinical category management or general indirect.
Salary up to £43,000 depending on experience
This role would be perfect for a senior buyer or procurement manager or category manager.