Horsham, West Sussex
Up to £35000.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Officer to join this fantastic public sector shared service organisation based near Horsham. This is a permanent opportunity. The Procurement officer will be responsible for supporting the procurement manager in the implementation and delivery of the programme across the shared service. You will provide specialist procurement advice to all departments. The successful candidate will prepare EU and local tender documentation, quotations, and mini competition documentation. You will work in partnership with the service managers to ensure that the shared service requirements are accurately reflected and support the deliver of value for money.
Main responsibilities of the Procurement Officer
- To manage procurement projects across the shared service including EU and local tenders
- To provide specialist procurement advice and support to different departments
- To be active in achieving efficiency savings by identifying innovative procurement opportunities
- To assist in the delivery of the Procurement Strategy and the associated programmes.
- To contribute, and where appropriate lead, the development and maintenance of procurement policies
Skills & Experience required of the Procurement Officer
- Strong written and oral communication
- Knowledge of procurement and tender management
- Experience of using and assisting with the implementation of e-procurement and e-tendering
- Knowledge of EU and public contract regulations
- CIPS qualification or other equivalent qualification or actively studying towards
Salary up to £35,000 depending on experience. There is a possibility that this salary could rise to £37,000 after probation if you are CIPS qualified.
This role would be perfect for a buyer or senior buyer or procurement officer or purchaser or category officer or procurement specialist or category specialist who all have experience with a public sector organisation which is essential!
Please do note that if you do not receive any feedback regarding your application within 2 weeks then your application has been unsuccessful.