City of London, London
Up to £42855.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Officer to join this public sector organisation based in London. The successful candidate will play a critical role which is crucial to the success in contributing to an effective procurement service by managing projects of medium value and complexity and supporting large, more complex and high value multi million pound projects. You will also be responsible for providing expert technical information, advice and guidance on all aspects of the procurement processes both internally and externally.
Main responsibilities of the Procurement Officer
- To manage the end-to-end procurement process for projects of medium value, up to and including OJEU procurements of medium complexity.
- To support Procurement Business Partners on projects of high value and complexity.
- Proactively work with and support Procurement Business Partners, Stakeholders and Suppliers to determine innovative and appropriate ways of undertaking future procurements.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure procurement activity meets business needs, while providing objective advice and guidance, for instance in tender evaluation and moderation.
- Ensure all procurement activities and outcomes are accurately maintained and recorded on the procurement tracker.
Skills & Experience required of the Procurement Officer
- MCIPS qualified (or willing to work towards this)
- Expert knowledge of the procurement process, ideally in a public sector environment.
- Thorough knowledge of one or more categories of procurement activity
- Experience of managing end-to-end procurement processes, ideally in a public sector setting.
- Experience of working on high value, complex projects with multiple stakeholders
Salary between - £39,867 - £42,855 depending on experience.
This role would be perfect for a buyer or senior buyer or procurement officer or purchaser or category officer or procurement specialist or category specialist.