Up to £33000.00 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for three procurement officers to join this public sector organisation based in the heart of Southampton. These positions are for a 14-month fixed term contract and will support the brand-new Procurement team to ensure that the purchase of goods and services are delivering value for money. This role will be the first point of contact for all suppliers and stakeholders through both medium and high tender processes. There are 3 positions available to cover each area IT, Estates/FM & Marine Engineering.
Main responsibilities of the Procurement Officer
- Engage with stakeholders to assess requirements and manage existing relationships
- Manage the day to day aspect of the procurement department
- Work as part of the procurement function to ensure goods and services are delivering value for money
- To be the first point of contact to support stakeholder through medium to high tenders
- Support the Commercial Manager with a variety of Procurement tasks
- Manage own category whether its IT, Estates/FM or Marine Engineering
Skills & Experience required of the Procurement Officer
- CIPS Qualification or actively working towards
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Experience leading the full cradle to grave procurement process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
- Experience in either IT, Estates/FM or Marine Engineering as a category.
Salary up to £33,000
This role would be perfect for a buyer or senior buyer or procurement officer or purchaser.