Coventry, West Midlands
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Procurement, Planning & Inventory Manager
Butler Ross are on the lookout for a Procurement and Supply Chain management professional to join a SME company in Coventry to lead the Purchasing, Inventory and Production areas of the business.
This role will be in charge of all raw materials, production planning and Inventory management as well as a small team. Experience within FMCG or fast paced Manufacturing and Supply Chain management is essential, so anyone with a background as a Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager, Inventory Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Materials Manager or Planning Manager would be suitable.
Key Responsibilities of the Procurement, Planning & Inventory manager:
- Lead and manage procurement/supply chain projects.
- Forecasting demand for products, and monitoring inventory levels and obsolescence rates.
- Managing inventory across three sites.
- Manging all company Purchasing.
- Management of supplier contracts including service agreements, terms and conditions, and product quality standards.
- Manage raw material and service providers.
- Conduct research to source the best products and suppliers.
- Authorise and validate invoices / price changes across all suppliers.
- Organise audits / stock counts and material.
- Perform risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Overseeing the H&S function of the business.
- Oversee the company IT function and managing a team of IT professionals.
- Be an effective member of the Management Team and to contribute to the overall Company objectives.
Key skills and attributes for the Procurement Planning & Inventory Manager:
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment, ideally FMCG.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience within Procurement/Supply Chain preferably within a fast-paced environment.
- Man-management experience with the ability to develop, lead and motivate teams.
- Good Microsoft Excel and data manipulation skills
- Proven experience managing supply chain operations.
- In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiating terms.
This role would be suitable for anyone with a background as a Procurement Manager, Purchasing Manager, Inventory Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Materials Manager or Planning Manager.