£30000 - £45000 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Category Manager/Buyer or Senior Buyer to join this public sector organisation based in Surrey. The successful candidate will focus on all categories across the business. You will ensure that the procurement support is aligned to the structure and culture of the organisation. You will require to build relationships with stakeholders proactively to identify areas where Procurement can add measurable value. The successful candidate will also be responsible for delivering the procurement vision.
Main responsibilities of the Procurement Professional
- Lead on multiple categories across the organisation
- Engage with key internal stakeholders to ensure collaborative delivery of business benefits
- Leading supplier engagement and sourcing activities end to end from definition of business requirements, sourcing, tender analysis and negotiation and ongoing supplier performance and life cycle management.
- Managing supplier negotiations and ensuring value for money deals are obtained
- Ensuring that all policies are strictly followed throughout the procurement process and that all procurement is carried out in an ethical and EU compliant manner
Skills & Experience required of the Procurement Professional
- Degree or equivalent CIPS qualification
- Stakeholder engagement experience
- Demonstrate experience at delivering savings to an organisation through effective category management
- Must have in depth OJEU legislation expertise
- Experience leading the full cradle to grave procurement process
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
- Ability to analyse contracts and manage contracts at all levels
Salary between £30,000-£45,000
This role would be perfect for a category manager or category officer or procurement manager or sourcing manager or purchasing manager or senior buyer or buyer or procurement specialist or category specialist.