Crawley, West Sussex
An excellent opportunity for a Buyer to join a market leading supplier to the Oil and Gas industry based near Crawley with very competitive renumeration package. This purchasing position is looking for someone keen to progress in their purchasing career, with the role offering brilliant progression opportunities.
The ideal applicant will have previous experience in a purchasing or supply chain role in an Oil, Gas, Construction, Utilities or Electronics background, with strong experience in negotiating, supplier relationship management and great administration skills.
A typical day in this Buyer role
- Sourcing and negotiating with suppliers, while managing relationships and time scales with existing suppliers
- Place a high volume of purchase orders on a wide range of products and materials
- Being a first point of contact for suppliers and internal stake holders
- Maintain stock levels
- Ensure order process is as efficient as possible
- Dealing directly with clients to understand their needs and purchase accordingly
Is this you?
- Great communicator, friendly and approachable
- Previously experienced in a purchasing role
- Excellent administrative and time management skills
- Driven and motivated with a desire to progress
This role would be suitable for someone who has held a position as a Junior Buyer, Buyer, Senior Buyer, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Controller, Commodity Manager, Category Manager or other roles within a supply chain function.