£30000 - £35000 per annum
A new opportunity for a dynamic supply chain professional to join a busy organisation as a Production & Material Planner. The Planner will be responsible for planning and scheduling of internal manufacturing operations in accordance with customer requirements, the needs of the business, availability of material and production capacity.
Key Responsibilities of the Production & Material Planner;
- Delivering the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP) process.
- Respond appropriately and resolve MRP messages.
- Schedule new requirements in Production, dependent on the availability of material and capacity.
- Updating and maintaining accurate ERP data to facilitate effective use of the system throughout the business.
- Manage the transition of products through product development, core, extended range, and withdrawal phases of the lifecycle as relevant to ERP, demand planning, and SIOP.
- Understand and manage inventory commitments in the supply chain and stocking levels as they relate to products and demand.
- Collaborate with Sales, Product Managers and Operations Management in the development of a demand forecast and a balanced production plan.
- Ensure effective monthly demand plan is in place across all value streams to identify and resolve critical supply-demand imbalances.
- Review, improve and continuously develop processes to increase their efficiency, quality and effectiveness.
Personal Specification of the Production & Material Planner;
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
- Production, Materials & Supply Chain Planning experience.
- Experience within a Manufacturing environment is essential.
- Good working knowledge of MRP / ERP systems.
- Advanced Excel.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
This role would be suitable for you if you have held any of the following roles; Material Planner, Material Controller, Production Planner. Inventory Controller, Inventory Analyst, Supply Chain Planner, Supply Planner.