A fantastic opportunity for a dynamic supply chain professional to join a busy organisation as a Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager. The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible leading and developing a team, managing inventory levels and driving efficiencies within the Supply Chain.
Key Responsibilities of the Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager;
- Manage, coach, monitor daily performance & set continuous improvements targets for the supply chain team.
- Develop & maintain MRP system to ensure that teams have the correct materials & optimised inventory to fulfil demand.
- Collaborate with Sales & Customers to generate demand forecasts, sharing the plans with key suppliers to drive better service.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to minimise disruption caused by stock outs, quality issues, obsolete stock, or delayed deliveries.
- Develop relationships and ways of working with UK business partners.
- Assess total cost of ownership for different supply options and work with stakeholders to evaluate options.
- Supplier relationship management, including developing new relationships with potential suppliers and maintain existing supplier relationships.
- Manage global supplier contracts and terms and conditions, including set up of new suppliers.
- Monitor supplier performance, set KPI's and resolve non-conformance.
Personal Specification of the Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager;
- Degree Qualified or Professional Qualifications would be preferred.
- Purchasing, Supply Chain & Inventory Management experience is essential.
- Retail or FMCG experience is essential.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Good working knowledge of MRP / ERP systems and Excel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic.
This role would be suitable for you if you have held any of the following roles; Customer Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Procurement Manager, Inventory Manager, Fulfilment Manager.