£20000 - £25000 per annum
9 months ago
An excellent opportunity for an Operational Buyer to work within a leading manufacturing company within the industry, based near Portsmouth. This is a new role within the Purchasing created due to growth and investment.
Key responsibilities for the Buyer:
- Purchasing of a range of raw materials, insuring this is done cost effectively and within budget.
- Maintain all purchase orders progress notes, work to expected delivery dates and ensure they are delivered OTIF
- General expediting of materials, working with backlogs, forward orders and order book.
- Work closely with the planning team ensuring demand is kept in order
Personal Specification of the Buyer:
- Experience working in a similar environment, ideally aerospace.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills including Excel.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Driven and flexible attitude.
- Enthusiastic and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
This role would also suit you if you have held a role as a Buyer, Junior Buyer, Procurement Assistant or Purchasing Controller.