£24000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
Butler Ross have a fantastic opportunity for a Purchasing Assistant to come and join a popular and successful FMCG company who are well renowned and hold an excellent reputation. They already have a well established procurement team so are looking for a purchasing professional with a few years experience to come in and hit the ground running.
This role is based in Tring and they are hoping to have the Purchasing Assistant in office as much as possible but are open to conversation around hybrid working.
Duties of the Purchasing Assistant
- Ordering and re-stocking inventory inline with requirements/usage.
- Control over purchasing system, raising and placing PO's.
- Assist with formatting and researching information for tenders.
- Support the wider purchasing team with their wide range of suppliers.
- Responsible for administration duties of supplier information on purchasing system/database.
- Adapting to a constantly changing portfolio.
- Keeping up with large supplier base (2,500 supplier at current)
Experience Required for the Purchasing Assistant
- 2-3 years procurement experience, ideally in FMCG, Hospitality or Retail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to juggle and prioritise.
- Strong educational background, Degree or CIPS qualified.
- Analytical thinker who has excellent attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills including Excel and experience with bespoke purchasing systems.
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 + excellent additional benefits.
This role will be well suited to a Junior Buyer, Purchasing Assistant, Procurement Assistant, Purchasing Administrator, Procurement Administrator or Buyer.