£50000 - £60000 per annum
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced procurement professional to join a leading manufacturing organisation as a Purchasing Manager, to be responsible for developing purchasing strategies, leading a high performing team, and contributing to overall business objectives.
Key Responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager;
- Recruit, coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team.
- Set department objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance.
- Overall responsibility for Purchasing and cost estimating activities across the business.
- Create and implement best practice purchasing vision, strategy & policies to meet overall business goals.
- Contribute to overall business strategy for annual budget process.
- Responsible for managing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers.
- Negotiate contract terms with key suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms.
- Source new and alternative suppliers to reduce costs, improve quality and meet the business needs.
- Develop evaluation process to measure effective supplier performance and compliance.
- Forecast price and market trends.
- Manage the process for raising non-conformance reports.
- Ensure preventative action plans are received from suppliers for supplier quality issues
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market change and potential effects on supply.
- Contribute to new business initiatives and projects.
Personal Specification of the Purchasing Manager;
- Degree and / or MCIPS qualification.
- Purchasing experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of leading a team.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good working knowledge of MRP / ERP systems.
This role would also suit you if you have held a role within purchasing or procurement as a Senior Buyer, Purchasing Controller, Supplier Manager or Purchasing Manager.