An excellent opportunity for a Purchasing and Materials specialist to join a market leading organisation operating in the aerospace sector, based in Portsmouth, as a Materials Purchasing Team Leader earning a very competitive salary.
The perfect candidate will have a history of Purchasing, supplier negotiation and inventory control, while also having very good experience of team management.
Role responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager include
- Ensuring materials are available and correct when required
- Monitoring stock levels and predicting potential shortages
- Maintaining supplier relationships
- Raising orders
- Reporting to Directors on stock value, service levels and stock turn
- Supplier sourcing
- Lead and guide the purchasing and materials team
Person Specification of the Purchasing Manager
- Previous experience in Purchasing and materials management
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel
- Ability to source suppliers and maintain relationships with them
- Background of change implementation
Previous experience of Inventory/Materials control would also be an advantage.
This role would be perfectly suited to you if you have held a role within purchasing, materials, inventory or stock management as a materials controller, inventory controller, materials planner, demand planner, inventory manager, commodity manager, category manager, supply chain specialist or supply chain co-ordinator, purchasing manager, procurement manager.